My life is now controlled by my wife and my coach. My only request is I actually get to see my family from time to time ;-).
For the next nine months, mornings will start at 4am 3 times a week and others about 5:30-6am. sigh.... Week one was good but a little tough getting used to. My week
Monday am nothing
Monday pm 1 hour Swim 2500m
Tuesday am up at 4am, rollerblade to train and training, 1 hour running for 12km
Tuesday pm 30 minutes of core workout
Wednesday am out the door at 4:15, ride to training and join the squad for a ride. 2.5 hours and 70km
Wednesday pm 45 minute Swim 1900m
Thursday am run to work.. yup run to work 1:20, 15.5km
Thursday pm 30 minutes of core workout
Friday am out the door at 4:20 and ride to spin class and into work. 2:20 and 70km
Friday pm ride home from work 50 minutes and 22km
Saturday am 25 minute easy run 4.5km
Saturday pm NOTHING!!! WOO HOO!
Sunday am will be the Gold Coast 1/2 marathon with an aim of a 1:45ish time.
All in total this first week of training will be:
Swim 4400 meters for 1:45
Run 48.6km for 4 hours
Cycle 162km for 5:35
Core workout for 1 hour
Roller blade 10km 0.5 hours
Total training time: 12:50
Going into tomorrow's half marathon, I don't know what to expect as this one had no taper what so ever. I'm hoping for a good run, but will enjoy the day. I plan to go out at an easy 4:45min/km pace and see how I feel. If things are good with 10km to go, I'll open it up and see how things go. With 5km left, if things are still good I'll drop the hammer and go until I run out of gas, which might not be pretty but will surely make for interesting race talk.
Looking forward to what I can achieve with this level of dedication in my training as honestly, this is the most stringent training I have ever done, and I'm feeling good about it. I'll let everyone know how my 1/2 goes tomorrow once I get home.
Till then
The crazy training canuck down under
12 weeks in
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment