As I sit here trying to think of a title, this one popped into my head...When you break it down into its three parts it really explains what I have to do.
Get in.....
No not into the car, but into the right frame of mind.
Hold on...
So much will be thrown at me I have to be ready to get ready for the wave of training.
Shut up....
I need to shut up and not listen to the excuses on my one shoulder and listen to the other and and get out there and and train. I also need to listen to my body and know when enough is enough and when to take a break.
Okay enough of the philosophy class and down to what I've been up to.
Just when it seems the month of November was starting, it's over now. Officially I was on program for the last two weeks and I was pleased with my efforts. The month started off with a focus on biking and finished with swimming. (I guess that's what I get for trying to guess what the coach would throw at me.)
For the month it looked something like this.
Biking 615km for just over 22:07 hours
Running 38km for 3:10 hours
Swimming 23.3km for 10:51 hours
Strength 6 hours
or about 42 hours / 10 hours per week. Not bad for getting back into the swing of things.
The good: I actually did 6 hours of strength and core which is one of the things I really need to do. Woo hoo to me! The other good thing was my swimming. Really if you look at my month, the swimming was mostly in the last two weeks so to do so much swimming, I'm pretty happy.
The bad: The weather which did not allow me to get out for some bike sessions. My running, now granted my program only had me running twice a week so I really shouldn't complain.
December, what do you have in store for me?
Kids parties, numerous Christmas libations, a move, a renovation, friends from home coming to visit...oh sorry wrong list... More swimming, Cycle training with a computrainer (technical geeky stuff which measures, wattage output, cadence, heart rate to try and figure out the best way to cycle). Who knows, maybe even a sprint tri for fun.
Tomorrow we pick up the keys for our house and I'll use that time to take my bike in for a tune up. Riding in the past few days it seems I have a creak in my crank. That and I think it's time to put a new chain on.
Cheers all
Richard
12 weeks in
15 years ago

1 comment:
Sounds like it will be a busy month. Personally & for training. Good luck surviving the holidays!
Post a Comment