Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas

Hard to believe where time goes. Over the past week, it was a mix of psychotic Christmas shopping, training and spending time with good friends who made the journey over to Oz to see us..Okay maybe the Great Barrier Reef's unbelievable diving might have helped, but good all the same to see them. Thanks Kat and David, it was great to have you as guests in our new house, our, 0.00000001% of Australia we now own.

Santa was good to our house with the kids getting spoiled rotten, as to be expected. I looked under the tree but it seems my aero helmet and race wheels I asked Santa for must have fallen out of his sleigh somewhere on his great journey around the world.

My time lately has definitely changed from the swim focus of late and into the bike. Over two weeks, I made it out for 14 and 10 hours respectively on the bike for just over 700kms. Would have been more, but last Sunday my alarm went off at the usual 4am and all I heard was rain...A quick text to one of the IMA group which read "raining good here. going back to bed" It was really nice to sleep in on a Sunday. I pulled myself out of bed around 7am, still raining, but lighter now. I grabbed my shoes and headed out the door for a run instead. I will run in the rain any day before riding in it.

I can honestly say my time in the saddle is starting to pay off as a ride of 2 hours now seems short. I may not have the speed of others out there, but I do feel my endurance is definately on the rise, which is an awesome feeling.

This current week has more of the same, no swimming but time in the saddle, about another 15 hours to be precise. A few libations to ring in the New Year and a recovery week to follow. After that, 12 weeks to Ironman HOLY SHIT! 12 weeks, is that like the 12 step program thing with AA? Maybe, for crazy people who want to push themselves to new levels.

All the best to all and may 2009 bring you everything you wish for.

Cheers
Richard

No comments: