Sunday, February 15, 2009

Tempering of the highs and lows

Yuck. Crap. Shit. You pick the four letter word and that describes today's training session. It was supposed to be a two loop route of Mnt Nebo/Mnt Glorious/Samford and back into town. After one lap, I made the call to only do one lap of the route and to add a trip out to Dayboro in lieu. Here's the route and PLEASE check out that nasty elevation profile. Not fun.



This week started out well with the High's of Geelong lasting until Thursday, that's when I decided to start training again. In fact, my bike stayed in the case and wasn't put back together unitl Friday night.....

A few swims, a run and a couple of bikes and a core session made up this weeks training. With all this training, I have to really bear down and do as much of each session as possible. Today was a classic example. I so wanted to quit, but I perservered and fought with myself to stay out on my bike. I hope this doesn't happen too much more on the lead up to IMA, but I know I have to stay strong.

Next week is another big week and I will do my best to hit every session. Enough whining.

For those observant people you may have noticed, but for the rest of you on the right side of the blog is a link to the BTS IM Group Channel. We had some little videos done up, along the lines of V-log. The intent is to have this and a couple of other log entries prior to IMA. After that, we'll sit down and do a closure V-log on our race day. Kind of cool, just some people talk a heck of allot longer than others.

Do enjoy and take it easy out there.

Monthly totals are as follows:

Swim: 13.85km
Bike: 446km
Run: 51.5km

A little light, but a bit of a taper and a couple of days off after Geelong are in there.

Cheers
Richard

No comments: