It seems the more I train, the better I feel. This feeling is good, as it equates to confidence. But the more confidence I gain, the more I think I need to train harder, faster, more. Man this is a vicious cycle.
I've been training constantly the past three weeks and other than missing a bike session due to travel, I've been bang on to my plan. Mother nature has been a bit mean as of late, with some very low (by Queensland weather standards) morning temperatures, giving me an excuse to sleep in a bit more, or wait till it warms up a bit. Soft I know, but, hey, I'll be racing in the summer back home, so I need to train in warm weather right? ;-) After a bit, I do get out and it's been productive. My longer runs as of late have been in the hills, so, this past weekend, I did a long run on the flats. WOW... That's all I can say. Those painful hill climbs during those long hill sessions seem to be worth it. I did a 24km run this week and felt great. Form was there, legs felt light, and I managed to come back with negative split.... 5 minutes worth, this is good right?
All this good training has allowed me to "add to the race bank". Good training, that will allow me to make withdrawals come August 28th. Now is the time to dig deep, get out there, keep consistent, and use compound interest to build the bank for a major withdrawl come race time, say 30km mark of the marathon?
I'm really going to try and bunker down in the next couple of weeks. I have a feeling this is where I need to call on experience to see where I can find that extra bit. It's only 5 weeks of training hard before taper. I think I can honestly say, this is where (in the past) I've taken my foot off the gas a bit. The only way to improve is to find out where I've gone wrong before and not repeat the same mistakes.
I don't want to train some days, but I have to, keep smart, train right, eat well and sleep...On that note, I better get off this computer and into bed, it's too late (but I had to watch NCIS, can't miss that).
Now if only my new bike frame would hurry it's sorry ass from Germany so I can build it, fit it properly and get it prepared for a good race.
Cheers
Rich
12 weeks in
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment