Sunday, August 14, 2011

Taper

Taper.... According to dictionary.com it means a variety of things.


  • gradual decrease of force, capacity, etc.

  • to grow gradually lean.

  • to reduce gradually.

Yup those all work. But even though the harder yards are behind me, there is so much work to do yet. Still need to train hard, but less over the coming two weeks. Starting in the next day or two, the "list" comes out. Yes, for all those OCD's out there, the list of lists, the holy grail of lists. Produced by non other than the self proclaimed king of the OCD's, TimO.


I've bartered for a bike box and it'll cost me dearly, but worth it. To be honest, the trip will be the toughest part as it's a 13 hour flight to LA, a 3 hour layover, a 3 hour flight to Vancouver, then top it off with just over a 4 hour drive to Kelowna. Ouch. All with a very energetic 4 year old. With the aid of alcohol and drugs I'm sure we'll both make it in one piece.


Once I get there, I'm going to put the bike together, go for a few rides, head out for some swims and get the mind ready. I've done some training, and yes the mind still wonders if it's enough? Hell it better be.. I've done so much over the past year, a 20 week IMA campaign, then 5 weeks of light training, then a 12 week program for IMC. That doesn't take into account the marathon, the half ironman I did and the like before IMA training. Shit! I do need a break.


So with my new trusty steed now here, and fully pimped out, I'm looking forward to putting things together and just see what happens.


Not much now, other than sleep well, keep the bugs at bay, train smart and focus... well that and have a few Tim Hortons donuts when I arrive in Canadiana.



No comments: