Well with last week being crazy, I actually took two days off in a row for the first time in over a month. Our ride was cancelled on Wednesday due to heavy rains and Thursday was a double whammy being moving day and Vaughn's birthday. Back at it again though.
With one week to my first tri of the season (3rd last of this season in Australia) I'm planning on keeping things the same. I really want my focus to be on the long term not the short term race.
Later today (Sunday) a 1.5 hour run
Monday: swimming for an hour on drills 2500m est. 1 hour
Tuesday: morning run focusing on speed work, and and evening swim 2500m est. 2.3 hours
Wednesday: Cycling in the river valley with a focus on high cadence 1.5 hours
Thursday: (A little change here) a run with the squad rather than swim in the morning and an evening swim 2500m est 2.3 hours
Friday: spin session 1 hour
Saturday: Ocean swim and a light ride 2 hours
Sunday morning is race day!!
The main thing I have to get through my head is the swim, although short, is an open water swim without a wetsuit. I'll go with the notion that salt water will provide me with the same floatation. That and I'll be focusing on my stroke and breathing to keep my mind busy. All I ask is that I'm not the last one out of the water. Once on firm soil, I'll open it up on the bike and try and make back some of the time I'll lose to the faster swimmers. The one's I miss on the bike, I'll hunt them down on the run.
Goal for the race: to be in the top 25 in the Canadian category
Hopefully I'll get some photos during the race so I can post them for you.
Until then....
Cheers
Richard
12 weeks in
15 years ago

1 comment:
Good luck on your Sunday tri! You can do it! BTW, are there more than 25 Canadians entered in the race? ; )
Tony
Post a Comment