Sunday, June 1, 2008

Back in the groove

How do sports fans. Well the past week started out rough, but turned out okay in the end.

Sunday I ran, but it was rough.
Tuesday, tried again, still rough, but only when I started and finished.
Saturday morning...well if it hurts, too bad, I'm running. I met up with the squad for a long run. Due to heavy rains, the run was changed from a trail run to a run in the river valley. The intent of the run was to be no less than 90 minutes, but no more than 120. It was a great run, wet, but fun. We had heavy down pours twice and lighter rains on and off for the balance. I ended up running continuously for the whole 90 minutes. After getting home, I checked out the route on google maps and found out I ran 16km. Not too bad at all. I felt really good both during and after, so here's to more of the same. No bike, yet, the parts have been on order for over a week and were supposed to be in Friday, but hopefully this week my bike will be ready.

This week is a big focus on the bike (go figure) and concludes with a 20km time trial Saturday and a century ride Sunday morning. I'll be on my own most of the week as I head to Sydney mid week for an evening seminar. With the majority of my wounds healed, I can actually get back into the pool. This week also will mark 10 months to Ironman!! Crikey where does the time go???

Until next time, keep the rubber side down and find some good toes to draft off.

Cheers
Richard (no longer the purple man)

No comments: