Sunday, July 27, 2008

Program week 4, the recovery week

After a very busy week 3, this was my recovery week. Man do I love recovery weeks.

With a very easy week to recover and help the muscles out for the coming weeks, program consisted of only 7 events. The lazy ass I am, I missed a core workout on Friday but still made the rest.. 6 of 7 isn't too bad. Now before you get on me about get on me about missing one, in the 4 weeks, I have missed two training events, 38 out of 40 is above my target threshold of 85% of training events made.

After enjoying beer and greasy food at the footy game last weekend, my week consisted of all afternoon workouts, NO MORNINGS!!! Did I mention I love recovery weeks?? It was a real treat to sleep in until 6am and have breakfast with the family...(Does anyone else see anything wrong with the last sentence??? 6am sleeping in??? I've become a training addict)

My week in review:

Monday: 20 minute core workout
Tuesday: 1500 meter TT swim (31:21) a new pb WOO HOO
Wednesday: 1 hour run keeping heart rate below 140 (11km)
Thursday: 1 hour squad swim (2700 meters)
Friday: missed core workout :-(
Saturday: Trail run through Mt. cooth-tha 1:45 / 14km (easy run)
Sunday: Fun ride for 2:45 and 75km

Not too bad but I know the coming weeks will be big ones. With now 10 weeks to go until Gold Coast 1/2 Ironman I'm feeling strong and have a goal now within sight which will help keep things in perspective.

Until next week.

Cheers
Richard

1 comment:

Colleen said...

OK - it sounds like this is your job. "I have a target of 85% utilization." You hang around too many engineers.