Sunday, August 31, 2008

Another month down, 7 to go..

As the body is recovering from a 4 hour ride this morning, I must say, I've been pretty happy with my training and my commitment level thus far. I have been on program now for two months (no not training freaks version of AA) and really progressing well. Even with being sick this month, I still had a solid month again with some big totals. Here she be.

Running 112.5 km, total time: 10:05 hours
Cycling 727km, total time: 26:02 hours
Swimming 21km, total time: 8:55 hours
Core strengthening: 1:30 hours

roughly 46.5 hours of training this past month, not too bad..

The biggest thing I have to work on is my core exercises. This is the thing that can help put me at a higher level of fitness, but for some reason, I seem to miss the odd session. How can I get my 4 pack (not even thinking of trying for a 6 pack unless it's in the form of beer) without core workouts?? This is something I will try and work on over the next month.

As I head into week two of four in program, I have some big miles this week and top it off next Sunday with the Bridge to Brisbane 10km road race. Just me and 15,000-20,000 of my closest running friends.

My first "A" race of the year is coming up in just over a month, the Gold Coast 70.3. I really want to do well, but today as we were riding, I learned some terrible news... Triathlon Australia has changed their wetsuit rules from 24 degrees down to 22 degrees. This means my first big race of the season will be a non wetsuit swim. YIKES!! I've just over the past month become comfortable swimming in the ocean and now I have to learn to feel comfortable without the wetsuit. Lots of training sessions at Redcliffe will happen in the next month then. That or I have to purchase an entire truckload of ice and dump it in the water just before they take the temperature, but that might be a dead giveaway with all the ice cubes floating around.

Pretty boring post this week but hey, they can't all be good ;-)

Until next week.

Cheers
Richard

No comments: