After two weeks of basically nothing, but sleep, prescription drugs, morning breakfasts with the family, evening t.v. it's all back to the reality of training for Ironman again. Over the past two weeks, I ate what I wanted, had wine and beer without guilt hell one night I even ate a 1/3 of a mud cake left in the fridge, and you know what...it was good.
I've gotten over my recent ailments batteries are nearly fully charged and it's time to train again. Not the same as the past 3-4 months, but smarter training. It may be called triathlon, but there are 4 disciplines. I have a couple of races in my sites to avenge my latest 70.3 and I think I have a plan.
First train smart. I'm going to take the training seriously, but still have fun. The big key will be doing what I'm supposed to and no more. No need to be the Tuesday morning hero.
Second. CORE. I say no more on this, other than I WILL do this.
Third. Do some sprint races. This will break things up for me and give me a chance to be crazy and go full throttle without doing it in training. I went from April to October between races and focused only on training. Time to live a little.
Secret weapon.... Next big race, the watch does not go on. Only the HR monitor. Enough of focusing on time. It's about effort and endurance not the all mighty clock. Damn Swiss anyways.
After light runs this past week, back into the pool and into the saddle for me and I'm looking forward to it. I think my next biggie might be Canberra, but who knows.
I'm hoping to update the blog this week and add some new features like training totals, and the lot.
Cheers and look out.
Richard
12 weeks in
15 years ago

2 comments:
hey Rich, this is ckct from running room. I read over your blog. Sucks about the HIM. At least that didn't happen in IM.
One thing that i was drilled in my head again and again, is proper pacing (low HR), eat lots and drink lots on the bike. As long as the stomach doesn't blow up, I can run strong (as strong as one can get after riding for 180 km).
also a second note...
when you mention how the garmin shows you where you feel you were tired, that's a good sign.
This means that you are sensitive to your body and know when you reach a point where you might need to slow down...most ppl just ignore that poin..keep going.and then blow up down the road (ouch)
Post a Comment