Well even though I wasn't officially on program this past week, I still did manage to get out training. Made it out to a swim session, a good bike ride and a 4 good runs. Not to the same level as pre-race mind you, but having fun doing it.
I guess my come back is one of self reflection. If all I do is go hard at every session, something will break, most likely me. So go out, do the effort required at the session and enjoy. This was probably most true on Thursday night when I went out for my first swim since Gold Coast. We currently have 6 lanes during the sessions and I'm in either lane 2 or 3 (6 being the fastest). Off I went with the 800 meter warm-up and enjoying it. My lane though started to get busier, so I moved down. That lane became busy so I went into lane 1. You know what, I'm glad I did because I had a good workout and it was a blast. I know too that once I'm back on program I won't be able to get away with that :-)
Saturday afternoon, I took Vaughn out in his jogger and went for an easy 30 minute run which we both enjoyed. Vaughn fell asleep and I moved along. The good thing about taking him in the jogger, is it forces me not to go fast, perfect. Back home, I let him finish his nap in the jogger while I stretched and relaxed.
Today was a 20km time trial so I thought what the heck, go out and have some fun with no pressure on me as I have no races in the near future. I rode out to the track and proceeded with the TT. Although they track was double booked, we all moved down the road to a quiet street where we could complete the TT. All good, a little slower than the past few but after we finished, a number of us went for coffee and bagels which was good. It was nice to sit and chat with friends or just listen to the BS and trash talk about Noosa triathlon most of the squad are doing next weekend.
I now have a few choices to make in the next day or two. Do I go train really hard and fit in a 70.3 in a couple of months time down in Canberra, or do I train well and do a few sprint distances for run.....hmmm.
Time will tell, and if training wasn`t enough to take on, with the offer we put on a house going through, I have more on my plate. WOO HOO!
Cheers
Richard
12 weeks in
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment