Just about a month has gone by since IMA. Since then, I've eaten more junk food than I can recall, I've been to KFC more than once and more beer, wine and rum has been consumed in the past month than the last year combined. True training isn't it???
What's next for this crazy Canuck? Well, I'm just getting back into training, albeit light training. As I ease back into 3-4 sessions a week I'm going to go with the flow and train only if I feel like it. Case in point....A couple of weeks ago I went out to squad swim and half way through the main set, I got out of the pool. (I pre-warned the new coach that if I did get out, it wasn't personal).
This morning instead of going for a run with the squad, the entire family headed out a run. Vaughn in the jogger, Alyssa on her bike, while Colleen and I ran (yes I was pushing the jogger). If things feel okay tomorrow when Colleen goes for another run, who knows I might actually make it too, making that my first back to back training days since IMA. I'm really enjoying having breakfast with the family in the mornings, but I know things will change once or twice a week soon.
As I look to the future, I'm seriously looking at 'racing' a 70.3 rather than competing. This may sound weird, but more and more people tell me that I should be alott faster than what I have done...So, when in Rome..... I will most likely toe the line at Gold Coast again in October with an outside shot at Yeppoon in August, but that's being a bit optimistic.. No Ironman right now in the sights, but time will tell. I've contacted Ironman Canada and am waiting to hear back from them to see if they have an entry policy for people from overseas. If they do and I can get in, I'd love to train for IMC 2010.
You'll be happy to know that this will be the last post that will be sent out as an e-mail format. For those of you who wish to keep following along you can subscribe to the blog and it will send you an e-mail (I believe that's how it works) when there is a new post.
One last bit for you, here is a video that the I purchased which has some of the pro's and a few bits of me in and around transition. I have the red top and black shorts.
Cheers
Richard
12 weeks in
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment