This morning I was out for a solo ride again. My 3 1/2 hour journey was good with the exception of the wind picking up during my ride. Nothing too bad, but it did make me focus on technique more, which was a good thing. The ride also signified the last of my big training. Tomorrow, I get to enjoy a full day off. mmm taper.
The bike has been tuned (really love taking a freshly tuned bike out for a ride) and Tuesday I pick up my tri suit, which will have my name on it. Pretty much have my ducks in a row.
This coming week is pretty easy for me, with a massage booked Monday before work, a swim Tuesday night, a light ride Wednesday morning and then I fly out to Perth first thing Thursday morning. The plane ride will not be fun as it's over a 5 hour flight over to Perth. Definitely taking an isle seat and wearing the skins.
I've taken the Wednesday off too, and plan to use it as my packing day and to also spend some more time with the family before heading over. If work doesn't get in the way, Vaughn and I will spend the day together and we'll pick Alyssa up from school.
When I arrive in Perth, I'm going to check out the course and meet up with the Team Canada coach as they have my parade of nations gear for me (saved a bunch of money by not shipping it out here). I plan to take it fairly easy with some light workouts just to keep the legs fresh and calm the nerves a bit. Your typical lead up to a big event too, with the water bottle following you where ever you go.
I've prepared my race plan and it's looking good. I've had Mark and Tim have a read through, just to get feedback and no real tweaking was done. I plan on using this race plan to get me to my end goal of my best possible race. If I do that, I know I'll be happy. Just need to be smart, stick to the plan, pay attention to my nutrition and use a bit of attitude where required.
I plan on taking my computer with me, and hopefully I can find some internet to tie into and throw some updates up.
Cheers
Richard
12 weeks in
15 years ago

1 comment:
Sounds like you couldn't be any more prepared!! Go for GOLD mate...don't hold back!!
Post a Comment