Really what is it that makes us get up as some crazy hour of the morning, put on lycra and do some exercise? You could say because it's actually cooler at that time of day (temperature folks...lycra is not cool anytime of the day). But seriously, when you look at it, it's friends, coffee and the chance for smack talk ;-)
I've been back at it again for a couple of weeks with last week topping out at 8 sessions, or about 12 hours of training...not too bad considering I'm not training for anything. Friday mornings are the highlight of the week with a social river loop ride/coffee/bs session. This week I rode in to meet the gang for a 5:30am start over in the west end. My alarm was off at 4am and man am I trained. Off it goes, out of bed, changed and gone...on the road by 4:15....4.15!?!?!?!? am I that desperate for a cup of coffee? Aparently so. Before work started I'd done about 70kms and it was allot of fun. Even though this week the river loop was sub 1 hour (35km loop) I felt okay and even gave a couple of the hills a crack, not too bad for this old fart.
The other fun part of the week is my Saturday morning run with Vaughn. He hops in the jogger and today I was sarinaded with 'old macdonald' for the first half...That and every person and dog we passed, there was a little voice saying hi. Even though it was really humid today we did manage to take off 3 minutes compared to last weeks effort (mostly due to the fact I ran up the last big hill this week).
I think I'm going to keep going at this pace for a bit and see what happens. To try and add another 4 sessions per week and most likely another 6 or 7 hours, just doesn't appeal to me right now.
See you out there.
Richard
12 weeks in
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment