Sunday, October 7, 2012

Once again....

Well, it's been a looooooong time since I've put anything on here and heck it's been an interesting year or so since IMC.   I hung up the bike, the shoes and anything that resembled training.  I slept in, I spent time with the kids and well, it's time, time to get back at it.

Allot has gone on in the past year, but being a sport that has an endless need for perfection, there was a need to get back out and train and to build up again to race.  But to be honest, there is so much work to be done.  Since IMC, I went from a race weight of 158 lbs to tipping the scales at 183 lbs, that's when I knew I needed to start training again ;)  So in a moment of weakness and a bit of peer pressure, Ironman Cairns was calling, so me being me, I looked it up, entries opened, and well, I did it.... I signed up.  In just over 8 months, I toe the line once again for what will be my 4th Ironman, but there is work to be done I say.

Over the past few months, I've been training again (mostly running) but over the past month I've made it back to some squad training which has been a bit painful, but fun.  There's nothing that beats training with others with similar goals and mindsets.

I guess by kicking the dust off my blog again, it's another indicator I'm back into it and will be ready come June 9th.  Currently sitting at 172 lbs, I've shed some of the excess weight and will, through proper training and nutrition, be back down into the 160's soon.  So stay tuned folks, it's going to be an interesting 8 months :)

1 comment:

jen-o said...

Hi Richard - I'm surprised you've rested this long! ;) It sure helps to publicly/monetarily lock yourself into the end goal to motivate yourself even further. I'm sure you will reach your goals quickly! My own "mini-ironman" is having a table of quilts, aprons and other handsewn items to sell at a big local craft fair in November. I'd been driving by the sign for years, and this year I signed up, with not one item even sewn yet! Motivation by fear of embarrassment!