What can I say...good day, for the most part.
The morning started at 4:30am where we met up with some local riders for a 5.5 hour ride. After about an hour of riding, I got a really good flat. So good, the side wall of my tire was shredded. After the first tube blew up because of the side wall cut, one of the guys came over with some duct tape (Red Green would have been proud) and it seemed to hold. I couldn't put the whole CO2 cartridge in because the duct tape was coming out. I did allot of praying and it held up for the entire 145km ride. One thing though.. We hit some major hills (they call them mountains here) and the only question I have is how steep is the grade when the 'red sign' says VERY STEEP. It's not 10% grade, because we went up one of those, and it's not 12% grade because we went up one of those too. All I know is the 'very steep' section was only a 1km long but it might have well been Mount Everest. I nailed my nutrition which was a first for me on a long ride and I kept within my means. Very happy with the ride.
The swim in the afternoon I missed (went to the wrong beach) and when I did get there, the group had left so I didn't give it a go. It was an open water swim (about half the size of Lake McKenzie for my Calgary friends) and it was made clear to me, no wetsuits. Tomorrow I will go but I am wearing my wetsuit.
The evening run was an out and back to the main highway. I wanted to sit with my HR at 150 again and did exactly that. While I kept the exact HR, it was considerably slower than yesterday.
time: 52:04
average speed:5:40
distance: 9.2km
Average HR: 149
max HR: 159
A BBQ to finish the day off was good and I'm enjoying a glass of wine just before bed.
Tomorrow is only a 3 hour ride, a swim and another 60minute run.
All good and catch you tomorrow.
Richard
12 weeks in
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment