Friday, January 23, 2009

Mooloolaba Camp...Day 1

Well after leaving work a bit early, I raced home to make it out to tri camp up at Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast. Over the next few days, I'll be putting in some serious miles. But here you go.

Friday.... After the stress of long weekend driving, we made it up but a little late. I had given up on making the training run, but as I was just about to go for a shortened run, I got a call, the group was waiting for me at the front gate.

The run was simple, out and back run for 1 hour. Temperature was 24 and light rain, much better weather than the following days run. My goal was not to let testosterone get in the way and wanted to keep my HR no higher than 150.

Here's the stats:

1:00:09
Average pace: 5:18/km
distance:11.37km
Average HR 149
Max HR 157
Effort: moderate
Feeling: Good

I had made my goals by letting the others go ahead and my HR was perfect. I felt I could have ran allot farther today, which is good considering my 18km trek into work yesterday morning.

Tomorrow:

5hr ride (starting at 4:30am)
45 minute lake swim
60 minute run

Just a bit of stretching and then off to bed to recover for tomorrow. Day two update to follow then.

Cheers
Richard

No comments: