Sunday, March 1, 2009

Time for focus and determination



Time now for the next two weeks (start of our taper) is all about focus and consistency. As it was stated so well the other day in our e-mail to the group from Mark (our coach)...two more weeks of intense training, then we start our taper at which time we will start to feel human again........Couldn't have said it better myself.

This past week started off a bit shaky, but I did make a turn around. Actually, as Garfield the cat says it. "I hate Mondays". It really is true, you come off the great feeling on Sunday afternoon of making it through a hard week of training, only to come back to earth on Monday when you realize, there's another hard week in front of you. Arg!!

After a dummy spit, I sucked it up on Tuesday morning at running where I picked up where I had left off (actually I did do a core and run workout Monday night but I was still in a funk). A bunch of other swims, rides and runs, core and another week has passed. I guess one of the big things for me this weekend was an open water swim here south of Brisbane on Saturday afternoon, where I met up with a few of the ironman group. It turned out pretty good as I actually did an open water swim without my wetsuit!!! I guess I've started my journey on the 12 step program now to ridding myself of my neoprene addiction..

Today was another long ride which was tough...Actually it was the "Daz factor". Daz is one of the IMA group who is a machine on the bike, today was no different. It seemed for the first 2 hours we were cruzing along at a much higher speed than normal. I guess it did help us but man am I tired.

My month was very good, with almost every session completed. Once I got on board again after a couple of days off after Geelong, I've been going hard ever since. Here's what February looked like:

Monthly Distances:
Cycling: 896 km
Swimming: 28.50 km
Running: 127.30 km
Pilates: 0 m

Monthly Times:
Cycling: 34:0-10
Swimming: 11:22
Running: 13:27
Pilates: 2:30

Wow, when you tally that up, that's about 61.5 hours last month or on average, 15+ hours a week of training...YIKES!

Just two more weeks to go then taper...Here's hoping I can keep things up.
Cheers and take it easy out there.

Richard

No comments: