Things were going well until I had to fly out to Perth for work which ate up most of my Thursday and all of my Friday. I did manage to get a run in early on Friday morning in Perth, but I guess that's what happens when your internal clock tells you it's time to get up, not realizing you are 2 hours behind. (I was up wide awake at 3am, but managed to get a bit more sleep before heading out). The run along the Swan River was nice and helped to put my last trip to Perth into better perspective. And the funny thing, it is a nice place to run in, just don't bank on finding a coffee shop open before 7:30am.....they have allot to learn I tell ya.
With the disruption of work, I still managed to get in 8 sessions, which was really good. The calf held up well and I now am a firm believer in the compression calf guards.
Sunday was a double workout, starting with the Mnt Nebo, Mnt Glorious, Samford loop. The IM gang were doing 2 laps, but since this was my first bit of hill work since early October, I played it smart and cut it at 1 lap. I held up well too, with the climb to Nebo, while being tough, wasn't the monster I thought it was going to be.
In the afternoon (after a small nana nap on the couch, what can I say, cricket was on) Vaughn and I headed out for a 30 minute run together.
It was pretty warm (just above 30) and at the end of it (almost drowning is sweat) we had some freezies to cool down. Good fun and it was nice to back up the morning workout in fashion.
This coming week I hope to figure out what my plans for racing are, but will see how things go. Work might get in the way of what I want to do, but we'll see.
Take it easy and see you out there.
Rich

No comments:
Post a Comment